Fabric Scraps, Ornaments, Baubles
Sy here again and I have been making fabric scrap ornaments for the Unravel & Unwind Christmas window display. How has your week been?
Here’s another way you can upgrade your drop-in on Mondays and Thursdays: Get started making your own fabric scrap ornaments!
This one is obviously a Christmassy one, using red scraps and some gingham, but you are only limited by your own imagination on this one!
Come on down and stash-dive, choose your fabrics and literally Get Stuck In!
Fabric Scrap Ornaments supplies
We have everything you need here at the studio, but if you can’t get to us, here’s what you need:
- Polystyrene ball, in your preferred size
- PVA glue
- Knitting needle
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric scraps
- A Ribbon and a single flat-headed pin, for hanging.
(these are affiliate links, every time you purchase, we earn a little bit of extra cash to keep us going.)
It’s really as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4!
- Cut 1 to 1-and-a-half-inch squares out of your fabric scraps.
- Pierce a shallow hole in your polystyrene ball with the knitting needle.
- Put a dab of glue in the hole.
- Use the knitting needle to push the fabric square into the hole.
Repeat this process. When you’re done, pin a ribbon into the top and hang your ornament!